Having a driveway is for most homeowners absolutely necessary. Driveway does not just improve curb appeal but also increases the value of your home. This is, of course, very important part of maintaining your home and it has to be thought out carefully, because driveways can be really expensive for installing, which means that you have to be long-term focused in order to save a lot of money and have a long lasting driveway.
But what does that actually mean? Should you pay for a total driveway replacement, or occasionally for some minor fixes? Well, that depends on the condition of your driveway. We will be talking about several problems your driveway may suffer from, and hopefully this will help you make the right decision.
• Linear cracks are pretty common as your driveway ages. That crack will slowly get wider and deeper, which will eventually cause you some bigger problems in the future. Especially if the water freezes inside a crack, it will speed up the process of spreading. Once you get in touch with quality driveway repairs professionals, they will explain to you the whole process of repairing and what might be the best solution for you.
• So called ˝alligator cracks˝ or ˝spiderwebs˝ are, of course, a very good sign that your previous contractor did a horrible job. So, what might be the problem here? It may be the excessive use of sealers, or just a very bad asphalt installation. Basically, the only solution is to remove all that cracked asphalt, and fill the area again. But this time, you should be careful who will you call to do the job right. Probably the best solution for you is to try with Dominic’s Paving in Maryland, as they are widely known for the quality of their service.
• In case your asphalt gets a bit wavy, this means that the problem is caused by heavy vehicles or loose ground. This is also called buckling and can be affected by frost heave, which makes the ground under the driveway saturated, and when it freezes, it expands. On the other hand, heavy vehicles can also make your driveway to buckle. Of course, it takes some time for that to happen. Anyway, Dominic`s Paving professionals will give you the right advice about what to do next.
• If the color of your driveway starts to change, and it turns from black to gray, it`s a sign that your asphalt is getting old, but it gives you enough time to financially prepare for a new driveway installation. This is not a sign f some major problem. It`s normal to turn into gray when exposed to oxygen. So, occasional patching will do the trick.
• Crumbling edges of your driveway will start to crumble if they are too thin. This is not to serious problem, because the structure will remain undamaged. The first thing you will do when searching for a paving contractor is to search online for ˝expert paver near me,˝ but this is not necessary, because now you know that Dominic`s Paving is the best choice for you.